We understand how important it is to run faster to save user’s time, so we spent a great deal of effort to improve the scanning speed of Disk Space Fan in last months and here is a comparison of scanning speed between the latest Disk Space Fan release and other disk space analyzers:
- Reboot the computer to clear disk cache
- Run the software and scan the test drive
- Record the time taken to complete a full scan
- return step 1 to test another software
- CPU: Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40 GHz
- Memory: 2.00 GB
- Hard Disk: WDC WD1600BEKT-60F3T1 ATA Device
- Test Drive: 40GB NTFS
- Directories: 24,048
- Files: 140,877
- Used Space: 28.4GB
- OS: Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 64-bit
Disk Space Fan took 26s to finish the scan. And other software took from 75s to 125s.
Disk Space Fan is much faster than other disk pace analyzers. It is 2.75 times faster than the one at the second position, and it is 5.5 times than the slowest one.